Aisha Muhammadu Buhari who was born on February, 17 , 1971 is the wife of Muhammadu Buhari, the President of Nigeria, who assumed office on May 29, 2015 after defeating the then-incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan.
Stargist.com brings you 7 facts about Aisha Buhari as she clocks 46.
- Aisha Buhari was born in Adamawa state into the family of the first Minister of Defense, Muhammadu Ribadu in the early 1970’s. She is also the granddaughter of the first Chiroma Of Adamawa.
- Aisha is an alumnus of the famous Ahmadu Bello university where she earned a Bachelors in Public Administration. She is also an alumnus of the famous Carlton Institute of London and the Academy Esthetique Beauty Institute of France, Dubai where she earned a Post graduate diploma in cosmetology and beauty therapy.
- Aisha got married to Buhari in December 1989 and they have been married for about twenty seven years .
- On July 2014, She advised Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to resign from office as President of Nigeria, following a suicide bombing and an alleged assassination attempt on her husband, Buhari.
- Aisha Buhari is a vocal advocate of women’s rights and children rights and this was a focal point during her campaign for her husband’s election in 2015. She has, on several occasions, emphasised the need for young girls to get Primary and Secondary school education before getting married, saying that she believes no girl should get married before the age of 17.
- She is an author and has published a book “Essentials of Beauty Therapy: A Complete Guide for Beauty Specialists” which has been recommended as a text for the NBTE curriculum.
- She worked with Internally Displaced Persons in Nigeria which as a result of the Boko Haram insurgency that has plagued the country since 2009. She set up a committee to deal with the distribution of relief materials after a visit to an IDP camp in Borno Northeast Nigeria.